About the Book
The Wireshark Field Guide provides hackers, pen testers, and network administrators with practical guidance on capturing and interactively browsing the traffic running on a computer network. Wireshark is the world’s foremost network protocol analyzer, with a rich feature set that includes deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, live capture, offline analysis and many other features.
Wireshark is a multi-platform application that can be set up and put to work in minutes to help analyze and troubleshoot some of the most complex security problems found today. The Wireshark Field Guide covers the installation, configuration and use of this powerful tool. It provides readers with the hands-on skills to be more productive with Wireshark as they drill down into the information contained in real-time network traffic.
- Learn the fundamentals of using Wireshark in a concise field manual
- Quickly create functional filters that will allow you to get to work quickly on solving problems
- Understand the myriad of options and the deep functionality of Wireshark to get working quicker
- Solve common problems seen in networks today with what is taught in this guide
- Learn some advanced features, methods and helpful ways to work quicker and more efficiently